Banana bread has become a classic snack and dessert over the past couple of years. It’s very easy to make vegan, it doubles as a delicious breakfast, and it’s packed full of delicious bananas! If you’re out of ways to make banana bread fun, try this Hawaiian banana bread with coconut and pineapple.
In this recipe, classic banana bread takes on a tropical taste. This may be especially fitting for foodies that live on tropical islands and are struggling to think of exciting desserts to bake. The best part is, if you’ve ever made banana bread before, you’ve got this covered!
How to make Hawaiian Banana Bread with Coconut and Pineapple?
Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy.
Beat in your eggs.
Stir in mashed bananas and pineapple.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
Stir in your coconut flakes.
Grease a 9”x5” loaf pan.
Pour the mixture into the pan.
Bake for one hour.
Can I make this banana bread into muffins?
Of course! If muffins are your preferred pastry, you can definitely use this recipe to make Hawaiian muffins with coconut and pineapple. Find a muffin recipe online and adjust your measurements to match it. The result will be just as delicious as the banana bread!
What can I use as a sugar substitute in baking?
Honey is a great natural substitute for sugar in baking. If you don’t want to use sugar, try honey. You might have to play around with measurements and add a bit more or less. You will get in the groove of things after a couple of tries.
What else can I add to my Hawaiian banana bread?
To stick to the tropical theme, try adding other tropical ingredients. Mango is the first fruit that comes to mind, though there are many others. You can also spice it up with some nuts. Macadamia nuts will work particularly well with this recipe.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat to incorporate.
- Stir in mashed banana and pineapple.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients.
- Stir in coconut flakes/shreds.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan (9x5). Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.