Who says you need to be a pastry chef to make a delicious dessert? This cool whip candy is the perfect treat that is as delicious as it is easy to make. You only need 3 ingredients. Chocolate morsels, dark chocolate melting wafers, and… can you guess the third one? You can’t go wrong with cool whip!
Can you believe that it only takes 3 ingredients to make cool whip candy? The result will be a perfect bite-sized dessert that you can put out after dinner or snack on in between meals. The hard chocolate outer shell and the gooey center will please even the pickiest eater. Plus, you don’t need any special equipment.
How to make Cool Whip Candy?
Microwave chocolate chips in a bowl for one minute. Stir to prevent burning and microwave again for 30 seconds. Let the bowl cool to room temperature for 20 minutes.
Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
Fold the melted chocolate together with cool whip in a large bowl. The chocolate may harden; just keep folding.
Pour the resulting mixture into your baking dish and freeze it for 30 minutes.
Take the baking dish out of the freezer and cut the candy into equal bite-sized squares. Put the candy back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Melt your chocolate wafers.
Take the candy out of the freezer and dip into the melted chocolate. Put the individual pieces of parchment paper to set.
Put the candy back in the freezer until you’re ready to serve it!
How long is cool whip candy good for?
If you store your cool whip candy in the freezer, it can last for a whole month! Be careful, as there is dairy in the recipe. If you leave it out on the counter for a couple of days, it can go bad. Most importantly, it tastes best chilled. Keep your candy in the freezer and serve while it’s still cold.
What’s the ideal shape for cool whip candy?
The ideal shape is best described as bite-sized squares. You have to make sure that each piece can be eaten in one quick bite, as it’s not quite a candy bar. As long as you stick to this rule, you can get as creative as you want. Some people, for example, like to make them truffle-shaped.
Can I substitute any ingredients in cool whip candy?
Unfortunately, there is not too much room for error in this recipe. You can select the type of chocolate you like (white, milk, or dark), but that’s about it. Make sure it’s good quality chocolate, too! In regards to cool whip, you can’t replace it with anything, as it has a very unique consistency.
- 2 packages (11 oz each) Milk Chocolate morsels
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 24 oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips for one minute. Stir and microwave again for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. (if needed, heat another 15 seconds). Allow to sit and cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, fold together gently the cooled, melted chocolate with Cool Whip. As you combine them, the chocolate may harden into tiny bits. That's perfectly normal, keep gently folding until all the chocolate and Cool Whip has been combined. Pour into baking dish.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and cut into 36 squares. Place candy on parchment paper lined baking sheet and return to freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions.
- Remove candy from freezer and dip into melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper and allow to set.
- Store candy in freezer until ready to serve. Best served cold. Can be stored up to 30 days!
I will definitely be trying this recipe cool whip candy. I will be looking for a recipe for Potato Leek Soup, I have one recipe but wanting to try different ones to find the best recipe.